The Wiltshire County Football Association are pleased to announce the details of the up and coming Coaching Disabled Footballers (CDF) Course. This 1 day course will be hosted by Highworth Town Juniors Football Club on Saturday 13th October 2012, 10.00am-4.00pm.
The CDF Course aims to provide coaches with tips and guidance on how to adapt, where necessary, to include disabled players with a disability in regular coaching sessions at your school or club.
In the context of The FA’s Long Term Development Model, attendance at a CDF Course will enable you to:
- Apply and extend your existing coaching skills and experience to meet the needs of players with a range of impairments
- Establish basic communication skills for coaching disabled footballers
- Use appropriate terminology
- Identify appropriate safety and medical considerations
- Ensure that you are working in a safe and enjoyable environment and players are free from poor practice and abuse
- Plan a wide range of coaching sessions for disabled players
- Using the Inclusion Spectrum, plan your coaching sessions to include disabled players or provide alternative appropriate opportunities
- Understand the player pathway available for disabled players including the appropriate structures for competition.
Please note this course involves both theory and practical sessions so please ensure you bring appropriate clothing for an outdoor practical session.
If you would like to book a place please CLICK HERE
For more information on the CDF Course, or on Disability Football in general, please contact Adam Greaney, WCFA Football Development Officer, at email@example.com or (01793) 486047.