Following the successful pilot of SSE Wildcats Centres across the country during the 2016/17 season, the opportunity to apply to be part of the programme for the 2017/18 season will open shortly providing even more groups with a chance to grow girls’ football in their local area.
Tim Hall, Football Development Officer at Wiltshire FA, said: “The SSE Wildcats Centres in our County FA area have done an incredible job so far in growing local girls’ football and we now want to continue this with the creation of more centres.”
“Sessions have all had a great atmosphere throughout, which has inspired girls and their respective families to see football as a positive opportunity to develop; both in football experience and socialising.”
What is a SSE Wildcats Football Centre?
- Weekly girls-only sessions for girls aged 5-11 years.
- The sessions are focused around fun, fitness and making friends.
- Sessions will commence from the week beginning Monday 9 April.
- A minimum if 16 weekly sessions are expected to be delivered with a clear sustainability plan needing to be in place for once the 16 weeks have finished.
- Funding of £900 and equipment is provided.
- Applicants who can demonstrate some matching or ‘in-kind’ funding will be prioritised to ensure the investment goes into sustainable football opportunities.
- The pilot phase saw grassroots clubs, educational institutes and professional club community trusts involved in the delivery of SSE Wildcats Centres.
We welcome applications from groups in all of the above categories in addition to those outside these groups to ensure Wildcats Centres meet all community needs and provide greater opportunities for girls to play football.
The application window will open on Friday 1 December and close on Monday 8 January.
Please contact Tim.Hall@wiltshirefa.com or on 01793 486047 to find out more about the programme and to discuss your application prior to the opening of the window.