Do you want to help other football coaches?
The FA Mentoring Adults Course is for coaches who would like to provide support to other football coaches either within their own club or within other clubs in the local community.
The course is designed to support those who wish to develop their mentoring skills, to understand the role of a mentor, to develop interpersonal skills required to become an effective mentor as well as developing reflection as a learning tool. It supports participants to develop skills in a safe and positive environment. The course supports the FA's strategic goal to improve coaching standards.
The course will address the following topics:
- Understanding the role of the mentor and principles of effective mentoring
- Understanding and appreciating the required interpersonal skills of a mentor
- Exploring mentoring strategies
- Demonstrating the ability to use core mentoring skills such as interpersonal skills, observation, giving accurate feedback, active listening, questioning and reflection
- Understanding the assessment, feedback and goal setting process
- Considering the importance of reflection as a tool for learning
- Exploring CPD and reflective active planning opportunities
Our next course takes place at Melksham Town FC's Oakfield Stadium on Tuesday 12th and Wednesday 13th June 2018 (6:30pm - 9:30pm each day) and is priced at £15 per candidate (£10 for members of Charter Standard Clubs)
book your place