Up to £21,000 pro rata (based on experience)
This part-time (14 hours) position will lead on all areas of finance for Wiltshire FA reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer and Finance Director. You will drive all financial areas of the business forwards, transition the accounting package from Sage to Xero, and provide reports for the Board. In the first instance this is a one year contract based at the Wiltshire FA HQ in Dorcan, Swindon, with the opportunity to extend this dependent on the proposed HQ move to Devizes.
Key roles and responsibilities
- Control and manage all aspects of the financial operations of the business.
- Produce, control and manage payroll.
- Control and manage compliance with company pension scheme.
- Manage the day to day cash flow.
- Produce and oversee all budgeting requirements.
- Transition the accounting package from Sage to Xero in line with FA recommendations.
- Produce all reporting activity that will enable the Chief Executive Officer and Board of Directors to manage the business efficiently.
- Ensure compliance with external regulatory agencies such as, HMRC, Accountants and Auditors.
- Manage the process for receipting, banking, invoicing and cheque requisition.
- Manage company finances on a daily basis, including paying invoices, receiving payments and banking same.
- Report on financial position at staff meetings to engage all staff in the importance of the finances and budgets.
- Support the wider team with key events such as safeguarding visits and awards evening.
Applicants will have a recognised qualification aligned to the key roles and responsibilities and be dedicated to supporting local grassroots football. A “Customer Excellence” ethos is of paramount importance as is the ability to manage multiple priorities, work under pressure, communicate effectively and deal with sensitive information confidentially.
The 14 hours per week can be split flexibly to suit the right candidate and the benefits package includes 28 days annual leave (pro rata) + Bank Holidays, a contributory pension and training opportunities. A full induction including FA systems such as the Whole Game System will be provided and safeguarding training will be completed as part of the ongoing induction process. For those unfamiliar with Xero there are training opportunities available.
The post holder will be required to work in the County Office currently based at Units 2/3 Dorcan Business Village, Murdock Road, Dorcan, Swindon, SN3 5HY. There is a current planning application to relocate the HQ to Green Lane, Devizes and the opportunity to extend the one year contract and continue the role beyond the current contract at the new HQ can be discussed with the CEO.
For further information please call the office on 01793 486047 and speak to Kirsty Frior. To apply send your CV and Covering Letter stating your salary expectations marked 'Private and Confidential' to Kirsty Frior Chief Executive Officer email@example.com. The diversity monitoring form should also be completed which will be separated on submission and collated anonymously.
Closing date: midday 3rd October 2018 with interviews taking place week commencing 8th October.
With the position currently vacant the successful candidate will start as soon as possible.
Wiltshire County Football Association is committed to equality of opportunity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
DIversity monitoring form