The course, being held at Beversbrook Sports Facility in December, is also a great stepping stone onto becoming a mentor. It entails lots of transferrable skills that will be useful for any form of mentoring, not just coaching, and the information and skills provided can be adapted to mentoring for all ages and abilities, however the course will focus on how to mentor adults specifically.
Minimum Age: 16 years
Course Duration: 6 hours
Course Prerequisites: Demonstrate a depth of knowledge and experience of coaching players
Course aims and objectives: The course is designed to support those who wish to develop their mentoring skills, to understand the role of the Mentor, to develop the interpersonal skills required to become an effective mentor as well as developing reflection as a learning tool. It supports participants to develop skills in a safe and positive environment. The course supports the FAs strategic goal to raise standards.
The course will address the following:
- Understanding the role of the Mentor and principles of effective mentoring
- Understanding and appreciating the required interpersonal skills of the Mentor
- Exploring strategies for mentoring
- Demonstrating the ability to use core mentoring interpersonal skills, observation, giving accurate feedback, active listening, questioning and reflection
- Understanding mentoring assessment, feedback, and goal setting processes
- Considering the importance of reflection as a tool for learning
- Exploring CPD and reflective Action Planning opportunities for mentors to consider their future development
7th December (6:30pm – 9:30pm)
14th December (6:30pm – 9:30pm)
To book your place on the course, click here or contact Courses@WiltshireFA.com