The FA Mentoring Adults Course (Developing Coaches) is for coaches who would like to provide support to other football coaches either within their own club or within other clubs in the local community. This course is also for coaches who are interested in applying to become an FA Coach Mentor.
Aims and Objectives
The course is designed to support those who wish to develop their mentoring skills, to understand the role of a mentor, to develop interpersonal skills required to become an effective mentor as well as developing reflection as a learning tool.
It supports participants to develop skills in a safe and positive environment and supports the FA’s strategic goal to improve coaching standards.
The course addresses the following topics:
• Understanding the role of the mentor and principles of effective mentoring
• Understanding and appreciating the required interpersonal skills of a mentor
• Exploring mentoring strategies
• Demonstrating the ability to use core mentoring skills as interpersonal skills, observation, giving accurate feedback, active listening, questioning and reflection
• Understanding the assessment feedback and goal setting process
• Considering the importance of reflection as a tool for learning
• Exploring CPD and reflective active planning opportunities
You will Gain:
• 6 hours of Level 3 CPD
• A better understanding of the mentoring process and the role of the mentor
• A qualification which will boost your football coaching CV
• A first step towards applying to be an FA Coach Mentor
• Transferrable skills that can be used to help improve the coaching standards of your club and Wiltshire
• Skills that are desirable to employers, in and out of a football environment
Book yours Place
Book your place HERE
or contact us via Courses@WiltshireFA.com