Football Debt Recovery Scheme
Wiltshire FA Football Debt Recovery Scheme
Wiltshire FA operates a system to collect football debts on behalf of Affiliated Clubs, Affiliated Leagues and other Associations.
Under FA Regulations, football debts are defined as those costs where actual monies have been expanded arising directly from football activity.
There are strict timelines and criteria under which football debts can be chased and we're unable to deal with any debts that do not conform with FA regulations. We therefore recommend that all Clubs familiarise themselves with the procedures, the key points of which are highlighted below:
It is incumbent of the creditor (i.e. the club) to take reasonable steps to recover the debt before requesting us to take action. Reasonable steps should include:
- Writing to the player to inform him of the monies owed and keeping all records of such requests. A template letter can be viewed here (Hyperlink to document)
- Not playing the player as soon as it becomes obvious that there is an issue with recovering monies.
We should be approached as soon as it is clear that here is a problem. In all cases this should be within 28 days of formal payment being requested and 112 days of the debt being incurred.
REQUESTING DEBT RECOVERY
When requesting our help to assist with recovering a football debt from a player, the creditor must supply the following information:
- Full Name, Date of Birth and last known address of the individual responsible for the debt
- Evidence of the debt (e.g. discipline case references)
- Evidence of the efforts and communications made by the Club to recover the debt before requesting our assistance with debt recovery.
Contact a member of the Governance team on 01793 486047 / firstname.lastname@example.org
You can view a copy of the FA Rule relating to football debt recovery here
Get In Touch
By Phone: 01793 486047)
(9am - 5pm Monday - Friday)
By Email: email@example.com
The FA's Respect programme provides a series of tools for leagues, clubs, coaches, players and parents from grassroots to elite football - to help ensure a safe, positive environment in which to play the game.