Vacancy - Football Development Officer (FDO)
Closing Date: Midday Thursday 26th July 2018
Interview Date: Thursday 2nd August 2018
Salary: Based on experience
Here is an exciting opportunity to be involved at the frontline of football development for the Wiltshire County Football Association. This full time position will lead on the strategic coordination of disability football, recreational football and developing a volunteer network.
The post holder will influence and support growth and retention of participation in these three key areas in accordance with Wilts FA strategy and operational plan ensuring all targets are met.
The successful candidate will be of graduate calibre, have knowledge and experience of sports/football development, an understanding of grassroots football and experience of working with disability groups. A "Customer Excellence" ethos is of paramount importance as is the ability to manage multiple priorities, communicate effectively and be a strong team player.
To apply, send your CV and Covering Letter, also stating your salary expectations. The Diversity Monitoring form should also be completed which will be separated on submission and collated anonymously.
Applications should be marked 'Private and Confidential' and sent to the Football Development Manager, Mark Young email@example.com
You will find all documents relating to the role including the Diversity Monitoring form in the below links.
- Work strategically to align current and future disability football provision, ensuring an integrated approach across existing and new networks such as health, education & voluntary sectors
- Achievement of the disability player numbers as laid out in the County FA strategy and operational plan
- Retain and grow the number of affiliated disability football teams by leading the Ability Counts League. Ensure a particular focus on the growth of youth and female teams within Charter Standard Club structures
- Strategically coordinate the delivery of a network of registered recreational football centres for male, female and disability football across all age groups with participation recorded on an online tracker to track participation against targets
- Develop flexible formats of the game including veterans and U21s and link with existing leagues to create sustainable playing opportunities
- Deliver a comprehensive workforce plan that supports volunteers involved in local football
- Drive the Football Future’s programme and enable Wiltshire FA Youth Council to become the volunteers of the future
Football Development Officer - Role Profile WCFA
Football Development Officer - Job Description WCFA
diversity monitoring form