Competitive salary based on experience
Here is an exciting opportunity to lead Wiltshire FA, the County Governing Body for football, into its most transformational phase to date. This full-time (35 hours) senior position reports directly to the Board of Directors, via the Chair, and will lead the organisation and associated team of staff. You will:
- Champion the strategic direction and culture of Wiltshire FA and act as an ambassador for football across the County.
- Effectively lead the planned headquarters move from the North of the County to a centralised location, building a football hub site with 3G pitch and new County FA home.
- Ensure Wiltshire FA works within agreed organisational values and consistently delivers against its strategic objectives.
- Lead the day to day running of Wiltshire FA, ensuring the effective delivery of its business plan and strategy.
- Work with the Board of Directors on matters relating to workforce, finance, corporate governance, football development and services, marketing, communications, public relations and risk management.
- Guarantee that safeguarding is embedded throughout the Wiltshire FA in accordance with safeguarding legislation, FA safeguarding policy, best practice guidance and education programmes.
- Guarantee that Equality is embedded throughout the Wiltshire FA in accordance with the Equality Standards for Sport
- Act as Company Secretary to ensure legal compliance across all areas of the business
- Attract increased investment into both Wiltshire FA and football in Wiltshire by maximising assets and continually raising the profile, image and reputation of the Wiltshire FA brand amongst stakeholders.
- Deliver The FA National Game Strategy in partnership with key stakeholders to:
- Providing a high quality introduction to football;
- Developing clubs and leagues to meet modern players’ needs;
- Embracing all formats and engaging all participants;
- Recruiting, developing and supporting the football workforce; and
- Developing sustainable football facilities.
Applicants will require an understanding of local football structures and demonstrate the ability to engage with the volunteer workforce. A “Customer Excellence” ethos is of paramount importance as is the ability to manage multiple priorities, work under pressure, communicate effectively and have exceptional presentation skills.
The position is subject to an enhanced CRC check and further information on the role can be found on www.wiltshirefa.com or by calling the office on 01793 486047 and speaking to Kirsty Frior. To apply send your CV and Covering Letter stating your salary expectations. The diversity monitoring form should also be completed which will be separated on submission and collated anonymously. E-mails should be marked 'Private and Confidential' and sent to the Chairman, Clive Archer, at email@example.com
The benefits package includes a generous allocation 28 days annual leave + Bank Holidays, a contributory pension and training opportunities. The post holder will be required to work in the County Office currently based at Units 2/3 Dorcan Business Village, Murdock Road, Dorcan, Swindon, SN3 5HY and at the relocated Offices once built (planning permission currently in for Green Lane, Devizes).
Closing date: 24th August 2018. Initial Interviews will take place week commencing 10th September 2018 with the successful candidate taking up the position in December 2018.
Wiltshire County Football Association is committed to equality of opportunity and welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Diversity monitoring form