An exciting opportunity has arisen to join the Board of Directors at Wiltshire County FA
Role: Non-Executive HR Director
Salary: Voluntary role with petrol expense
Time commitment: Minimum of 6 meetings per year (face to face and virtual)
Benefits: Purchase options on England International and FA Cup tickets. Ground pass for affiliated football in Wiltshire
Closing date: Midday Friday 3rd July 2020.
Interview date: Thursday 9th July. Time to be agreed.
For further details please contact the Chairman, Clive Archer, on 01793 486047.
To apply send a CV and covering letter, along with the Equality Monitoring Form (downloadable Word document below), marked “Private and Confidential” to firstname.lastname@example.org
What we are looking for:
- Provide strategic support to the Wiltshire County Football Association to shape and execute the new company strategy 2021-2024.
- Provides change leadership and HR partnership to deliver key business initiatives.
- Champion talent succession as part of a strategic workforce plan for the association.
- Guide the association to be become a healthy, inclusive, and positive organisation and a great place to work.
- Provides guidance and coaching to the senior leadership team.
- Liaises with The FA National People Development Manager to implement national initiatives that develop staff performance, skills and experience.
- Leads the implementation and analysis of the annual employee engagement survey.
- Provide strategic guidance and leadership to the business on all HR matters and supports the association to be safeguarding compliant.
- Contribute to functional or HR programs, projects or initiatives as required.
Candidate skills and experience
- Proven significant experience of providing effective HR business support.
- BSc in Human Resources Management or CIPD qualification at Level 5 or above
- CIPD membership (MCIPD level or above preferred)
- Strong working knowledge of current UK employment legislation
- Experience developing and operationalising strategy
- Strong leadership and influencing skills
- Strong business and financial knowledge, as well as problem solving skills.
- Proven success in supporting projects that drive cultural change.
- A strategic and hands-on approach is essential.
- Ability to build trust and credibility with a diverse range of customers.
- Excellent communication (written and oral) skills.
- Ability to build relationships and collaboration at all levels of the organisation.
- Effective time-management skills and good attention to detail.
- Values the development of people.
- Knowledge of equality, diversity and inclusion
You will play an active role in the coming months in supporting the organisation to;
- Support the Board to develop the new Corporate Strategy 2021-2024.
- Support the Association to achieve the FA Code of Governance.
- Develop a workforce plan for the Association, which is aligned to the Corporate Strategy and FA Governance Code.
Download the Job Description (PDF)
Download the Equality monitoring form