Update from Wiltshire FA CEO
Please see the important message from Wiltshire FA CEO, Oliver Selfe:
I want to start by wishing everyone well in these very challenging and uncertain times. I would also like to express my thanks to everyone involved within the grassroots game in Wiltshire, for your understanding and support during what is an unprecedented time for our football community.
As you are aware, the Government has imposed restrictions on trading and movement, which is having a serious economic impact on businesses. I understand that clubs and leagues across the County are facing financial pressure and Wiltshire FA is not immune from this, in fact our organisation will suffer in the next few months and possibly for longer, unless we take immediate action.
The Wiltshire FA Board have been meeting on a weekly basis to assess the COVID-19 pandemic and implications for our organisation and football within Wiltshire. On Thursday 25th March 2020, the Directors agreed to the following;
- Suspension of grassroots football including matches, training and friendlies to continue until further notice (in accordance with advice from The FA)
- All Wiltshire FA events (including cup finals), courses and meetings postponed until 30 April 2020 (unless meetings can be held virtually)
- The Wiltshire FA Head Office at Dorcan Business Village, Swindon is to remain closed until further notice.
In addition, and with effect from Monday 30th March 2020, all Wiltshire FA staff, with the exception of those listed below as ‘Key Workers’ have been placed on furlough leave, until 31st May 2020:
Wiltshire FA Key Workers:
- Oliver Selfe, CEO – Oliver.Selfe@wiltshirefa.com Tel: 07711 202532
- Mark Young, Football Development Manager – Mark.Young@wiltshirefa.comTel: 07341 677059
- Emma Cottier-Small, Football Services Manager – Emma.Cottier-Small@wiltshirefa.com Tel: 07956 212301
- Sarah Thomas, Marketing & Communications Officer – Sarah.Thomas@wiltshirefa.com Tel: 07342 733808
- Nerys Lovell, Finance Officer – Nerys.Lovell@wiltshirefa.com Tel: 07342 680895
Furlough leave is a temporary leave of absence for economic reasons and is designed to save jobs in the long term. All members of staff will not be financially disadvantaged during their period of furlough leave and have agreed to take furlough leave in order to protect roles within the organisation.
The five remaining Wiltshire FA key workers are available to continue to offer advice/support to our members and can be contacted via the usual Wiltshire FA landline 01793 486 047 or via the mobile numbers highlighted above. NB: Please be aware that during this period, there may be occasions when our ability to answer your telephone and email enquiries may take a little longer than usual.
On a final note, I am aware there are many questions still to be answered in relation to wrapping up the current season and how the new season will commence. I will endeavor to keep you updated as and when information is made available.
In the meantime, please stay safe, keep well and follow government advice.
CEO, Wiltshire FA