We are looking to recruit a dynamic individual on a part time basis to support the growth of the grassroots game across the County. The Football Development Officer (Programmes) will be responsible for supporting all aspects of the game – including but not exclusive to league, club, team, facility, recreational, and coach development.
The position reports directly to the Football Development Manager and will function to drive compliance through successful management of all aspects in relation to the grassroots game in respect of the Wiltshire FA Business Strategy and Football Association’s National Game Strategy.
What are we looking for?
• Enthusiasm and strong administration skills
• An ability to work strategically with partners organisations across different sectors to deliver and evaluate football programmes
• A drive for maximising football development opportunities and attracting new audiences to the game
• A knowledge and understanding of the barriers to grassroots football participation
• A knowledge of The FA’s and Football Foundation’s strategies
• A knowledge and understanding of the infrastructure and networks that exist within grassroots football
• An appetite to improve standards across all areas of the grassroots game
• An ability to work under pressure, handle multiple priorities and meet deadlines
• Excellent team working skills
• Initiative - someone who can work unsupervised
• A flexible approach to work – including working evenings and weekends to meet the specific demands of the role
What can we offer in return?
• A part time contract – m 16 hours a week
• A generous holiday allowance of 28 day a year (pro-rata)
• A salary of £22,000 to 24,000 (pro-rata)
• A commitment to learning & development – where we invest in our people, offering coaching and mentoring programmes along with technical and professional development and qualifications
• An opportunity to be part of a forward thinking, progressive business
• The chance to work with key strategic stakeholders within both the grassroots and the professional game
• An opportunity to be part of a not-for-profit organisation that delivers excellence in grassroots football for its thousands of player, coaches and volunteers
How do I apply?
If you are interested and would like to be considered.
1. Review the application pack and role description provided below and ensure you have both the resource and skill set available to conduct the role.
2. Complete the application form and ensure that the application form is returned no later than the closing date stated on the job advert.
3. Return the valid documents to Mark Young by the application deadline on email@example.com or send via post to Mark Young, Wiltshire FA, Green Lane Playing Fields, Green Lane, Devizes, SN10 5EP
Deadline to Apply
The deadline for application is 5pm on Friday 5th August 2022.