Job Title: Disability Football Ambassador
Location: Wiltshire FA, Green Lane Playing Fields, Green Lane, Devizes, SN10 5EP
Closing Date: Thursday 12th October 2023
Vacancy Type: Casual Contract. 50 hours per contract
Wiltshire FA is looking for an enthusiastic and experienced individual with a passion for grassroots disability football to join the team. The successful candidate will be responsible for driving 2 and 3-star England Accredited Clubs to apply the key learnings from the Disability Club Training to create their own Disability Football Game Plan; creating more club-based accessible opportunities for disabled people to play, coach and/or volunteer.
• Attend the online ‘Disability Football Ambassador Training’; scheduled for the 6th of November 2023
• Engage with selected 2 and 3-star England Football Accredited clubs following their completion of the Disability Friendly Club Training, to support in the creation of a bespoke disability game plan which will outline new club-based opportunities for disabled people which may include new playing provisions, coaching opportunities, and/or volunteering roles.
• Drive engagement at every level of clubs to maximise and sustain these opportunities for disabled people.
• Support clubs to build and sustain relationships with relevant local partners such as charitable organisations, disability support groups, educational establishments, alongside other key partners to promote the new opportunities.
• Help clubs access relevant support including funding and coach development opportunities with support from the County FA.
• To collaborate with County FA staff, national FA staff, disability football coach mentors, external partners, and wider members of the grassroots delivery team workforce.
• Maintain records of the support being provided to grassroots clubs with the aim of providing clarity on work programmes, development opportunities and sharing of good practice.
What we are looking for
Someone with a demonstrated history and understanding of the grassroots football network, and the ability to build trust and develop effective working relationships with Club Committees. They will need to be an advocate for Disability Football with an understanding of the challenges and barriers that both players and volunteers can face.
What we can offer
A salary of £25 per hour
A generous holiday allowance
A pension scheme with a company contribution
A commitment to learning & development – where we invest in our people, offering coaching and mentoring programmes along with technical and professional development and qualifications.
An opportunity to be part of a forward thinking, progressive business.
The chance to work with key strategic stakeholders within both the grassroots and the professional game. An opportunity to be part of a not-for-profit organisation that delivers excellence in Grassroots football for its thousands of player, coaches, and volunteers.
Equality and Diversity
Wiltshire FA promotes inclusion and diversity and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any requirements in relation to the recruitment or interview process, please include details on the application form.
Review the Application Pack and Job Description found below.
Complete the Application Form and return to Harry Russell no later than 5pm on Thursday 12th of October 2023.