From grassroots to the elite game, whether you're a coach or a player, here is how you can take part in disability football
Ability Counts League
The 2019/20 season will represent the 5th season of the Wiltshire Ability Counts League and the league has grown considerably in that time. 16 teams competed in the league last season with Chippenham Town Ability Counts winning the adult division, whilst Stratton Juniors were crowned u16s champions. Teams take part in 6 central venue festivals across the season.
This season is expected to be another season of growth for the league with more teams across the existing divisions, as well as the development of an u12s division. There are clubs set up across the county who take part in the league, as well as run training sessions throughout the season and social events.
Ability Counts dates 2019-2020
- Sunday 22 September 2019 – New College, New College Drv, Swindon, SN3 1AH
- Sunday 13 October 2019 – Beversbrook, Beversbrook Lane, Calne SN11 9FL
- Sunday 10 November 2019 – Stanley Park, Stanley Lane, Chippenham, SN15 3RP
- Sunday 01 March 2020 - Beversbrook, Beversbrook Lane, Calne SN11 9FL
- Sunday 29 March 2020 – Foundation Park, Swindon Town FC, SN1 2ED
- Sunday 03 May 2020 – Stanley Park, Stanley Lane, Chippenham, SN15 3RP
Swindon Rockets FC is the only Powerchair Club in the County and one of the first to set up in the South West. The club formed in 2007 after initial support from the WCFA and Living Options and can now boast over 20 members with the club playing in the Regional Powerchair Football League in the South West. Keep up to date with how our Wiltshire team are getting on HERE
Swindon Rockets are an FA Charter Standard Club which is a best practice accreditation awarded for standards across coaching, administration and safeguarding children & vulnerable adults. It is a benchmark for quality and will improve the experience.
For more information on the club please contact Club Secretary Amy Hawkins