The fund has been developed to encourage and support the development of participation projects that particularly target new audiences, by providing high quality coaching sessions over an eight week period.
The fund is for clubs delivering new projects that engage one or more of the priority groups listed below:
• Womens & Girls
• Participants with a disability
• Estate based delivery within priority wards
• Black minority ethnic communities
• People aged 50+
The fund provides financial assistance for new projects that engage the priority groups above and fit into at least one or more of the following categories:
Increasing and retaining participation
• Increase the opportunities for under-represented groups to access sports activities.
• To provide sustainable exit routes where participants can continue their involvement in sport
Tackling wider social issues
• To use sporting activity to tackle wider social issues such as anti-social behaviour, mental health and community cohesion.
Maintaining a healthy weight and lifestyle
• A programme of sustained activity for under-represented groups who are inactive.
Grants are able to be offered that will enable clubs to deliver a ‘Sport for All’ project where up to £400 per project is available. At the end of the course, clubs must provide opportunities for participants to continue their involvements in the sport via club or pay and play sessions.
Funds can be used for:
• Hire or facilities
• Purchasing equipment
• Coaching Costs
Deadline to apply
Applications need to be made by 31 January for April – July 2018 delivery.
Please read before submitting your proposal:
Who can apply? An application can be made by a sports club within Wiltshire through Karlene Jammeh Sports Development Officer at Wiltshire Council.
Before making an application Wiltshire Council would encourage applicants to consult with the Sports Development team about the proposed activity.
• Funding is for projects aimed at participants of all ages
• Sports inclusion courses will be a minimum of eight weeks in length
• Coaches must ensure the project is delivered in line with the relevant NGB guidance relating to coach to participant ratios
• All sessions to be delivered by a UKCC level 2 qualified coach in the sport being delivered, hold a current DBS and be registered and verified on RightCoach www.wasp.sportssuite.co.uk – Wiltshire Council can assist source suitable external coaches if required
• Funding cannot be used to subsidise or continue existing activity
• Each project should have a policy in place for payment and concessions for participants
• There must be clear evidence of exit routes to show how participation will be sustained beyond the initial funding.
Apply for Funding
Complete an application form online at www.wiltshire.gov.uk/sportforallfund
Applications should be complete and submitted online to have been received by Wiltshire Council by 5pm on 31st January 2018.
Decisions and feedback will then be communicated to applicants and any recommended project revisions agreed.
For more information and to apply for funding visit www.wiltshire.gov.uk/sportforallfund
Alternatively you can call 01722 434437 or email firstname.lastname@example.org